Benefits Investigations: Why They Make or Break Your Insurance Reimbursement
Are you an RD or wellness professional growing your business and trying to decide if becoming an insurance provider is for you?
Have you only decided to NOT become a provider because it just feels too complicated?
Then you'll want to join me as I interview Kit McKinney, RD, LD, CDE as she addresses these issues:
- Did you know that credentialing, correctly coding and billing does not guarantee reimbursement?
- Did you know that the key to reimbursement for MNT is performing a benefits investigation?
- Did you know that "verification of benefits" (offered by many billing software systems) is different from, and is NOT a benefits investigation?
Register here to receive the recording:
About Kit McKinney
Kit has been a Registered Dietitian for almost 20 years and is also a Certified Diabetes Educator and insulin pump/CGM trainer. Kit earned a B.S. in Sociology and Health from Texas A&M University in 1991. She completed her studies in clinical nutrition at The University of Texas Pan American before completing a fellowship in pediatric nutrition at Indiana University School of Medicine.
In 2009, after returning to her hometown in rural Texas, she founded GET Diabetes Education (www.GETDiabetesEd.com) an accredited diabetes self-management training program. GET Diabetes Education has been a tremendous success, and provides a much needed service to the community: quality diabetes education that is individualized, effective, convenient and affordable. Kit specializes in working with patients with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, type 1.5 (LADA) and gestational diabetes. She particularly enjoys raising awareness about diabetes through social media and participation in the DOC (Diabetes Online Community).
GET Diabetes Education accepts and bills Medicare and private health insurance for greater than 90% of the patients that are seen. When Kit began their journey into credentialing and billing, there were very limited resources available to guide her through the process, and no entity available to perform the service for her. Kit's hope is to make the process of credentialing and billing for MNT services accessible, streamlined and effective....thereby leading to greater revenue potential and practice opportunities for all RDs.
What listeners will come away with:
- Tools to maximize insurance reimbursement for MNT.
- Methods to increase revenues, patient satisfaction AND referrals.
- Knowledge that there IS help if feeling overwhelmed with credentialing and billing for MNT.
Does this sound like you?
- You're thinking of going into private practice and have questions about credentially and billing
- You are already in private practice and have questions about billing, benefits investigations or gaining in-network status with private insurance carriers.
This could be your year that everything turns around and becomes SIMPLE!
Sign up for the recording now!
To learn about MEG Enterprises, click here.